Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bout of Books: Thursday 1/19 Day 4 Update

Update:

  • Finished Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - 220 pages
  • Started reading Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier - 30 pages


Today's first challenge is from Pen In Her Hand. The first step is to chose a novel from any genre that you have read. For this, I chose Legend by Marie Lu and to pick a number; my number will be 2.
  1. Flip to a page at random - p.133 and go down 2 lines, over two words until you get 14 words. Here are my words:
  • nothing, grit, off, my, I, the, why, against, wall, if, I, hunting, Skiz, morning
  1. Next is to delete two words and add two more. I will delete Hunting and Skiz and add then and now. 
  2. Now arrange the words into a poem:
          Nothing if I now,
          Against the wall
          I grit off then
          Why my morning? 

And the second challenge is from Writing My Own Fairytale. You must pick two books that would go well together to recommend, as long as they are not in the same series. Here are my choices and why:

1984The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)
1984 by George Orwell and The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

These books are both dystopians in which everyone knows what you are thinking. The first is a classic book that invented the genre and the second is a newer one coming from the reinvention of the genre; but both talk about mind control and knowing everything about personal thought.

Well, today I finally kicked into reading and finished my first book! How did you do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment