Monday, January 6, 2014

Bout of Books: Monday 1/6 Update (Day 1)

It's day 1 of Bout of Books! Here's my progress for the day:

  • Fangirl - 135 pages

And now, onto the challenges. The first is hosted by Bookish Comforts and it's pretty easy. Pretend you have just won $100 to spend on books - what do you buy? Okay, let's do this:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) Miss Peregrine's Home for Pecuilar Children by Ransom Riggs
An Abundance of Katherines An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter
The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

I think that should be around $100, but I'm not sure. Let's just say it is. Okay? Okay.

And the second challenge is hosted by Cheap Thrills. This is a bookish mad lib, so it should turn out to be very interesting.
character name – Leonard from Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
adjective1 – True from An Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian
adjective2 – Perfect from Perfect Ruin

item – Philosopher's Stone from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
occupation – Fangirl from Fangirl 
act of violence – Poison from Poison Study 
adjective3 – Beautiful from Beautiful Creatures
noun1 – Bone from Shadow & Bone
noun2 – Mockingbird from To Kill A Mockingbird 


The Story:
I just read the greatest book!
This guy Leonard ends up in the middle of a true conspiracy. Turns out his ancestors were pirates, and he/she might be the key to finding the perfect philosopher's stone. It’s a mythic artifact that disappeared centuries ago, and now a shadowy group of fangirls are looking for it. No one knows what uncovering it might do, but these guys are willing to poison for it.

I won’t say anything else. But believe me, if you like beautiful stories with bones  and mockingbirds, you have to read this one.
There you go! How did you all do? I think my Mad Lib turned out pretty well and the rest of my reading also turned out pretty well. 

1 comment:

  1. I really need to read Fangirl, maybe if I finish a couple of others... :)

    My Bout of Books Updates

    ReplyDelete