Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Classics Book Club: An Introduction/February's Pick


Many of you may have made some reading goals and I, for one, have seen many people wanting to read more classics! Including me. Classics are important to the way we read. Too often, I find myself stuck in a young adult rut with no other books to read. A few years ago, I was only reading dystopians. But classics are important to push the boundaries in which we read. 

Therefore - I have decided to start The Classics Book Club! 

Every month, I will be picking a classic book that we will read. The majority of this will be conduced on the Goodreads group, which you can join here! 

For January (I know, a little late) we will be reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll! I will have a review up for both of these books soon. 

In February, we will finally get to reading a book together, not at the super last minute. So, for those of you who wanted to get started buying or reading or making a tbr or whatever else you may do, it will be Aesop's Fables by Aesop. The discussion will be hosted on a Goodreads forum, another reason to join the group. 

I hope you all will join this book club and learn more about classic literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment